We are going to learn how to make Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce, a Gourmet dish, that is literally a 5-star Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner.
I’m going to share with you my Recipe for Eggs Benedict / Benedictine , how to make the Hollandaise Sauce, and how to prepare them quickly and easily, with the Poached Egg and Smoked Salmon. In this case, I have used a Soft Bread, but you can use whatever you want, like a Homemade Bread, or the English Muffin that the Original Recipe indicates.
Recipe for 4 Servings (We eat 2 each)
Preparation Time: 30`
Difficulty: Medium – Easy
Cost per Serving: € 1.95
Pairing: Cava Rosé
One of my favorite ingredients in gastronomy is undoubtedly the egg, not only for its nutritional properties or its intrinsic flavor, but rather for its enormous versatility, always providing a wide variety of nuances and textures. Seamlessly accompanying and thus also modifying the flavors in the preparations.
I fell in love with this recipe of Eggs Benedict in the hotel in which I am currently working and I have been for two years now, the Gran Hotel Ingles, in Madrid. It is a 5-star hotel and there they serve this dish, along with several others, during breakfast and Sunday Brunch. So it would be safe to say that it is indeed a 5-star Brunch.
The recipe is really simple, once you learn how to make the hollandaise sauce, and the poached eggs, the rest will be simply to assemble it and enjoy your breakfast of champions like a vip person!
The origin of this recipe is uncertain, since it is attributed to different places, in different years, but I’d like to point out one place, which is said to serve the original recipe, and that is Delmonico’s Restaurant in New York City. This establishment is considered to be one of the first luxury restaurants.
Ingredients Eggs Benedict
- Eggs M-L ⇒ 4 whole y 2 Yolks
- Butter. ⇒ 80 gr (1/3 block of 250 gr)
- Smoked Salmon (Lox) ⇒ 100 gr
- Bread ⇒ 4 Slices
- Arugula/ Canons (or Basil. ) ⇒ 50 gr
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil ⇒ 1 tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper ⇒ 1 pinch of each
1)Separate two yolks in a bowl
2) Place the bowl in a water bath over medium heat and stir vigorously with a Whisk
3) Add the butter little by little while you continue stirring, taking care that the mix does not thicken too much (clot)
4) Remove from the heat, add the juice of half a lemon, salt, and pepper
1) Boil water with a splash of vinegar (any kind)
2) Separate the eggs into bowls and add them one by one to the boiling water
3) Count for 2 minutes and remove them from the water by draining them
1) Toast the bread in a pan, with a drizzle of olive oil
2) Place on the bread, slices of smoked salmon
3) Arrange a little Arugula (or Basil) on the bread with salmon, and the poached egg on top
4) Add black pepper to taste and complete with the Hollandaise Sauce
Step by Step Eggs Benedict
Start by picking 6 medium or large eggs, and set aside 4 to poach them.
2) Place the bowl in a double boiler (over a saucepan with boiling water, over the fire or heat)
3) Stir vigorously with a Whisk, and add the butter in small pieces. (The butter has to be cold, not at room temperature, in this way it creates a change in temperatures and does not overheat the mixture)
4) Don’t stop stirring while adding more butter, if necessary, remove the Bowl from the heat source for a moment, so that the egg does not clot. Remember that it has to be creamy, not lumpy. (Remove it from heat source a little earlier, as it will thicken a little more when resting)
5) Remove it from the water bath, season it to taste (a pinch of each) and add the juice of half a lemon
1) Boil water with a splash of vinegar in a saucepan
2) Separate the eggs in a bowl, one by one, and add them to the boiling water. Previously to the water, stir it generating a small whirlwind, so that the egg encloses itself.
3) Count up to 2 minutes, using the timer, and remove the egg from the water by draining it. Repeat the process.
Assembly of the Egg Benedictine
1) Place the Toast on a plate (you can use another type in addition to the molds, in the original recipe an English muffin is used)
2) Arrange the Salmon to taste, I like to cover all the bread with the same proportion of salmon. As the salmon is so greasy, I prefer to help myself with a fork and a knife, and place the salmon over the 4 toasts at the same time so that I can wash my hands and continue with the rest.
3) If you wish, you can add arugula, basil or any other aromatic plant, I used canons here.
4) At this point, we’re almost finished, add the poached egg, and a little pepper on top (optional)
5) Finally, add, the main flavor of this wonderful Brunch, the Hollandese Sauce, or Hollandaise. Enjoy!!! 😀
Detailed Cost Breakdown – Eggs Benedictine Recipe
In short, we see that per serving, that is, a toast, with its salmon, aromatic grass, poached egg and hollandaise sauce, costs us nothing more than € 2. You best believe we eat two toasts each time we cook them, but think about eating this delight for well under € 5, Breakfast (or sometimes also dinner) for two, in less than half an hour, for about € 8. Definitely worth it!. This is one of those VIP meals that always feel good to eat. So go on, try it!
By the way, if you don’t want to make it with salmon, you can do it with any other smoked product, or if you don’t have salmon at hand, you can also prepare it with ham, bacon, or whatever your imagination tells you, it will surely be perfect. As I said before, for me the main thing in this recipe is the hollandaise sauce, best part you can add it to endless recipes.
WATCH OTHER RECIPES OF YOUR INTEREST!
- Baguette Bread Stuffed with Cheese, Tomato and Chorizo
- Chocolate Muffins with Dulce de Leche | Moist and Fluffy
- Vitel Toné | Vitello TONNATO Quick and easy recipe
- 5 CHRISTMAS Cocktails to Finish Big this 2020
- Fluffy Brownie Easy Recipe – NO Nuts
- CURRY Chicken with COCONUT MILK, Ginger and the Perfect Rice