Today I’m going to show you how to make these Fluffy Chocolate Muffins, with Dulce de Leche, Walnuts and Bittersweet Chocolate nibs.
These wonderful Muffins are relatively easy and quick to make. A delight to eat at any time.
Recipe for 12 Servings
Preparation time: 1h 10`
Difficulty: Medium – Easy
Cost per Serving: € 0.66
Much has been written about the differences between Magdalenas, Muffins, Cupcakes or “panquecitos”. I will not be the one in this post who continues to add fuel to the fire.
Let’s say that, in general terms, Magdalena is a preparation that comes from the French court, therefore it is more refined, fluffy and light, Muffins come from the British Empire, for tea time, these being a little more loaded and heavy , and the Cupcakes come from the United States, these being a mini cake in themselves, with their respective decoration and varieties.
I like to call this preparation Muffin, but if someone prefers, Madeleine (for example) no problem, the important thing is that they are delicious!
I love pastry, I’ve always enjoyed eating it, and as I have told in the section of this blog that I talk about myself, in Argentina I was dedicated to producing and selling a great variety of cakes, breads, and different preparations of the style.
This is the second Flyer that I made when I used to sell these products. In this one, I had added more pastries and changed the odd pricing. Look at the prices please! It is unthinkable now in Argentina to charge so little, those prices would not even amount for you to pay for the printing of a single paper flyer.
As you can see, here I did not include the Muffins, or the Madelines or even the Cupcakes, although later I did, I was not interested in selling them so much because I saw them as complicated… I know (smh).
But trust me, they are not, and this recipe, even though it has a lot of ingredients, is easy and quick to make!
In general, I am adding the ingredients while I am preparing everything, and weighing each ingredient in the moment, but really, if you have containers to put it, you better do it, at least the first times, as I did in the photos. Gather all the already heavy ingredients, and start with the preparation, which in the end, will not take you half an hour. Adding the cooking time of about 30 more minutes, in more or less an hour they will be ready. But, yes, you have to let them rest! Let’s see if you can hold out.
Ingredients Fluffy Muffin
- All-Purpose Wheat Flour ⇒ 180 gr (1.5 Cups)
- Cocoa Powder ⇒ 60 gr (4 Scoops)
- Brown Sugar ⇒ 220 gr (1 Cup)
- Salt ⇒ 1 Pinch
- Baking Powder ⇒ 7 gr (1.5 Teaspoon)
- Sodium Bicarbonate ⇒ 3 gr (1/2 Teaspoon)
- Eggs L ⇒ 2
- Vanilla Essence ⇒ 1 Teaspoon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil ⇒ 100 ml (6.5 tablespoons 75 gr)
- Greek yogurt ⇒ 220 gr
- Dulce de Leche ⇒ 150 gr (6 Tablespoons)
- Hot Water ⇒ 50 ml
- Semisweet Chocolate ⇒ 100 gr
- Walnuts (Nuts) ⇒ 60 gr
1) Beat the Eggs with the Brown Sugar and a pinch of Salt
2) Add the Olive Oil Gently until it is well integrated
3) Continue with the Greek Yogurt, the Vanilla Essence and the Dulce de Leche, with the mixer on medium power.
4) Sift the solid ingredients, Flour, Baking Powder, Cocoa and Sodium Bicarbonate, and add them to the preparation.
5) Keep mixing and add the Hot Water.
6) Finish whipping the preparation and add half of the Chocolate Chips and the Nuts or Dried Fruits of your choice.
7) Integrate them into the dough with a spatula, making encircling movements.
9) Cook them in a pre-heated oven at 180º for 30 minutes.
10) When removed from the oven, let them rest 5 minutes on the pan, then set aside while they cool down.
Step by Step Chocolate Muffins with Dulce de Leche
Preparation of the Spongy Dough
2) Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil little by little. Do it slowly so that it is integrated and emulsified with the rest of the ingredients. At this point it is very important that you always keep beating continuously.
3) Incorporate the Greek Yogurt, this must be natural, without added sugar or flavors. Try to add as much of the Yogurt while you continue mixing.
5) Continue incorporating the ingredients well, and at this point add the Vanilla Essence. The amount is to taste, but I do not recommend that you add more than one tablespoon.
8) Separate half (or a little more) of the Bitter Chocolate and the Walnuts previously cut into small pieces, and add them to the mixture. Save the rest for last.
Muffin / Cupcake mix
1) Join the last addition to the rest of the dough, with smooth and enveloping movements, from the outside in, and from the center out. Taking care not to lose air in the set.
3) Finish using the Chocolate Chips and Nuts of your choice, dividing it into each Muffin. Cook them in a Preheated Oven at 180º for 30 minutes with heat up and down. When taking them out, control the preparation by sticking a knife in it, if it comes out stained with chocolate, you should cook them a bit more.
4) Finally, when you take them out of the oven and see that they are ready, you must let them rest for about 5 minutes in the same tray, so that they retain their humidity, and then let them rest (if you can) outside of it, until they cool down.
And so, they are ready to eat!!!
Optionally, and although I did not do it this time, you can add Dulce de Leche in the center of each Muffin, with the help of a pastry bag, remember that the better quality ingredients, the better it will taste.
I make them with a homemade Dulce de Leche, which I will share the recipe and the process later for you to make too.
Detailed cost Breakdown -Recipe Chocolate Muffins with Dulce de Leche | Moist and Fluffy
In short, it is not so important (at least for me) if they are called Muffins, Madeleines, Muffins or “panquecitos”. What you do have to focus on is following the steps and enjoying this wonder.
As you may have seen, although there are many ingredients, they are made quickly and without complications.
In addition, they are worth as Dessert, Breakfast or Snack, accompanied by a good Coffee or Tea, they are an authentic wonder.
Do you dare to do them? Leave me your opinion in the comments and what you think if you have tried them.
WATCH OTHER RECIPES OF YOUR INTEREST!
- Vitel Toné | Vitello TONNATO Quick and easy recipe
- 5 CHRISTMAS Cocktails to Finish Big this 2020
- Fluffy Brownie Easy Recipe – NO Nuts
- CURRY Chicken with COCONUT MILK, Ginger and the Perfect Rice